November 24, 2005

New Internet Age

This is one of my favourite area of study while I was studying in college. Broadband over PowerLines. Though many technical details involved here, I like to put it as simple as possible. What does Broadband over powerline mean ? - it means that you access internet - broadband access, through existing PowerLines not via telephone lines.


Lot of reasearch going on and many big companies like Intel, Google are showing interests in this field. Our government making policies to implement this technology ! read here. That must be a gr8 joke (with existing conditions). The highly disorderliness of our power sector make sure this super technology never reach masses effectively.

I am no pundit but thats how I put my opinion. But I appreciate the motive behind it - to bridge digital-divide. To bring rural masses into mainstream this technology will surely aid. Forget the side-effects of it, as it is no way in comparison with the amount of knowledge-ignorance (relatively) in the country side. Before trying to implement this technology, our Government should remove the blockheads, hindrances and anything that infuses inefficiency. I hope that this dream technology won't remain as a mere dream, to help our people living in unfortunate rural India.

No comments: