July 25, 2007

The last day at my first company!

The last day at my company, started with hectic schedule of clearing all the reliving processes. At the same time it was last time to bid goodbye to my friends. I expected the day would be an emotional one. I thought it would be a day, where I spent almost 2 years of my life, full of memories coming back and hit me like a boomerang with the moments cherished in happiness of making new friends, excitement of meeting challenges in projects, bitterness of making mistakes, senses of achievements, sharing of jokes with friends and colleagues, hectic pace with which many projects completed, hundreds of hours of office-gossips, lamenting on things which happen once in a year like appraisal, pouring all our vaitherichaels (stomach burnings) about our bosses, discussing about new babes joining in the team and many more.

But to my surprise, nothing struck me as described above. When I finished all my formalities, while I was leaving for the last time, some of my colleagues gave me a small farewell. It overwhelmed me. It is always good to feel when people respect you and give a send off. I have seen people who never got a even single good bye on their last day. But for me, it was different. It made me acknowledge myself that I have done something to these people. Something special without my knowledge. :-)

When I got down the company bus in my stop for the last time, I felt heavy. Burdened to leave all my friends. Something felt, that was tearing me apart. Tomorrow morning, there was no more job I was doing, no more canteen meets with friends, no more gossip coffee breaks and many no mores.......

I understood how Life works. :-)

1 comment:

JoeXIn said...

I was about to call you to ask about your last day in your company. You write in a very good fashion. Appreciated...!