October 19, 2007

On-site laments

Whenever I hear people going to US, UK, Canada or some damn place outside India regarding their on-site assignment, it bugs me off. Every one in the Indian software industry knows, the on-site assignment opportunity is just a lucky affair, due to number of reasons. I don't want to pour my heart on them (did enough pouring with my friends).

Now, people (friends) have found new way of informing about their trip. They forgot the age-old telephone to mails, chat and newly Orkut updates! Thanks to Orkut, now people get updated when their pals change their profiles. Now, on-site ppl just update the country and city fields and the mass broadcast to friends happens. Take a look at the following pic. The top portion of the image is a mail and the bottom ones are Orkut profile updates!

Nothing beats having to see places, where most of us plan ten times before deciding, at the expense of employer. Few of my friends told me thats a pleasure to go, except when your are fumed by your official work! It doesn't need genius of a mind to guess the correctness of above fact. But when a person is lamenting as I do, and then if that person get mails like below ones from his so called US returned friends, it #&%@# you out of life.

A snapshot of Inbox

P.S.:

To those people whose names are included in the images: Enjoy your stay and keep sending whatever you want to. :)

2 comments:

Nimme said...

Well,
Dint you quit your first employer because u dint have any onsite oppurt?

I think some ppl look at their employer as some bank where they can mint money out like anything.Its unfair to look at a company like that.You cant expect so much from your employer

I am happy atleast few they had good intensions to share.

Nagasaravana Perumal K I said...

This sounds as if it was written out of frustration....is it...????