February 12, 2006

Life is a journey

Ya I mean it. Life is a long journey. Everyday I travel. Day in day out, I travel. Traveling is not my passion, or my boon or not even my curse, it became my duty. When I was doing higher secondary schooling, I had to travel 10 km by bus (thru MTC ) to reach school everyday. For those two years, I nearly traveled, 12,000 kms. Wow ! Then came my college studies. That's even worse. I expected to be better but this time the journey became longer. Blame on my college for not providing any transport facility near my place. So I was forced to use two modes of transport, both by MTC bus and EMU train to reach my college everyday. I used to start at home when many start to dive into deep slumber. arghh!! So how much did I travel ? Another 33,210 kms added to my traveling kit. Wow!! another milestone touched.

Ok, now out of college, into the work. Things should be better this time. But, the traveling God (if exists) never satisfied with my journey. He put me into another quota of seeing the Chennai's traffic, suffer from the pollution and see endless number of road side shops cramped with each other. Yes, this time too. Again another journey. Journey to work ! Another 30 kms daily to reach my office. Already 5000 kms covered, still continues.

My traveling mileage reached 50,000 kms so far. So this post I made to mention its significance. Man, its 50 k ! Is it time to rejoice or still believe in "Life is journey" ?? Dunno, may be "Life is long journey", or is it "Journey is Life" ????

3 comments:

Aashish said...

Seems like you have a travel satan and not a travel god. Enjoy it man. And as long as you are working, you have to keep travelling. So better make that satan your god.

exasparater said...

hey brother,
me too.. i have also covered 12,000kms and 7000 kms in just 4months of my college life... see, dont blabber...

Nimme said...

did u ever think the plight of a driver??
say an Electric Train Engine Driver operating btw Potheri and Madras Beach with 20 years work exp..

Macha everyone travels
50000 km is bit exaggerating but anyways u will travel more to Sholing.